Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cold Weather Comfort

Being stuck inside while California enjoys a snowstorm is no fun at all. To keep my sanity I'm going to list a bunch of stuff that is keeping me company.



You can't go wrong with this movie. It' has become my yearly tradition to watch this movie at least once before Christmas.

---


City & Colour - "Bring Me Your Love"

For some reason, Mr. Dallas Green's solo act has always been cold weather music for me. I don't know why, but it just seems more fitting. Anyway this album does not disappoint any fans of this man's amazing voice. If you don't have it, I suggest you go buy it as soon as you finish reading this post.

Tracks to check out:
"Sleeping Sickness"
"What Makes a Man"
"Waiting"
"The Girl"

---


Owl City - "Maybe I'm Dreaming"

If you're not a fan of chirptunes then don't bother. Owl City, a.k.a. Adam Young, makes you want to dance with every single note. I'm not sure why this falls under the cold weather category but it also seems just as fitting as City & Colour. Anyway, this album is best enjoyed with friends and hot chocolate. Trust me you'll want to go out and dance in the snow. I know I do. It's so tempting while watching it fall endlessly outside my window.

Tracks to check out:
"Dear Vienna"
"The Saltwater Room"
"The Technicolor Phase"

---
Stuff I didn't feel like finding images for:

  • Chicken noodle soup - you can never go wrong with this classic.
  • Futurama, Heroes, and Family Guy - never a bad choice. Whoever invented season box sets deserves a high five.
  • Hot chocolate - I prefer mine with soy milk.
  • Nubi! - my lil' baby bunny. I'd let her run around in the snow but then I wouldn't be able to catch her and bring her in so she's stuck in the laundry room chewing on wicker stuff.
Anyway, I'm sure I'll be posting more soon since I can't sleep. Oh and I'm at the point where my eyes are swelling up. Haha. Seven more days until I get these stitches out!

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment